Conni worked hard, hit her stride and within 3 years was able to live her life from passive income.
Do you think higher education is necessary, or is it better to find different path?
- I generally say that anyone can be a digital nomad or a location dependent entrepreneur or however you wanna call it.
- I do have a higher education; I have a Master’s Degree in Media and communications.
- However, I think I use maybe about 3% of what I actually learned at the university.
Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you needed to change your mindset and how did you do it?
- I have always been traveling my whole life and I’ve been quite nomadic.
- When I found a 9 to 5 job in a PR agency I felt like chains locked to my office chair.
- Then I realized that I can’t work for someone else’s dream and I felt like I was locked up in prison every single day.
- I could not understand how other people do this and I had this feeling after two weeks.
What needs to be in your environment for you to be most productive?
- I have actually travelled to a lot of non-digital nomad hubs.
- I have actually avoided Asia in the last couple of years as I have travelled a lot in Central and South America.
- Generally because I don’t work with clients.
- I have a lot of passive income and I am not that reliant on the internet or to constantly have a stable connection.
What was your biggest mistake and how did you deal with it?
- To be honest, I am not really afraid of failures.
- Sometimes I do feel like ‘how long is this gonna go on for’.
- Failure is such a negative word, has such a negative connotation and negative energy to it where as if you look at it as something you tried out which didn’t work out and you look at how many lessons you’ve learnt from it and the chances to make things better.
- There were more personal failures when things weren’t going well in my personal life or health wise.
- It also had an effect on my business life as it they held me back.
- I now realize that the relationship between health, business and personal life should be on one level.
- It was a failure once when for three or four months I was more focused on personal things and I didn’t focus enough on growing my business.
If you could go back to the beginning, what would you do differently?
- Yeah, I would definitely do more guest postings.
- I didn’t have any idea of SEO in the beginning.
- I just kinda went for it and tried a few things out. I would go back and definitely focus on SEO and organic traffic because that’s what really pushed the block forward once it gained attraction and once I understood hoe SEO worked.
- Looking back ,as I know it worked out well and it’s a successful website, I probably would’ve gotten rid of a lot of freelance clients that I had a lot quicker and a lot earlier so that I could’ve focused more on my website.
- I wish I would’ve been braver to just focus on that website.